Friday, November 09, 2007

Long time

Wow,,it's been a long time since I posted anything. So much has happened. Last time I posted I was having problems with Joey, well not anymore. I am not sure what changed but he is being an angel. We don't fight anymore I think I have gained his respect. He listens so well now and is not pushy anymore (well he does have his moments but who doesn't) We have finally finished the riding ring. This winter we will put the horses in to get them use to the traffic and big trucks and next spring Joey will start his training. I have ridden him a few times and I have figured out what our problem is I am scared of him and he knows it and doesn't want to have anything to do with me when I'm on him. I am taking lesson lessons again on another horse with a great trainer this is building up my confidence so that I can ride Joe. We found out that Dakota my little mare is never going to be able to be broke, Her little feet have not gotten any better and the strain of breaking her will be too much for her. So right now we just do some ground work with her so she keeps her manners and that's about it, she is a very expensive lawn mover that we love to death.

No comments: