Friday, March 21, 2008

Lungeing

Lungeing, an important factor in training a horse. Well I have one problem, which is a pretty big problem when you think about it. Okay , picture it, I go out to the barn and get all the equipment I need to lunge an 1100 lbs animal, catch the horse hook him up to the lunge line, the minute I push him out to start he starts galloping and bucking. After the first couple of rounds, I am having a hard time focusing because I am so dizzy. Needless to say I don't lunge my horse any more, my husband does. I have read many articles on lungeing even went to a lungeing clinic, but can't stop myself from getting dizzy. I've tried looking at the horse, I tried looking at the background, tried walking with the horse, nothing works. If any one has any ideas, I'd love to here them.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I tell my students to saddle up the horse and focus on the fender of the saddle.

Hopefully that helps.

Deanna

Leanne said...

Thanks, I'll try it.