Monday, October 02, 2006

Crazy Lady


My little mare,,, This is a picture of me and my little mare last winter ,,, She is a little angel when she wants to be,, we've had her since she was 6 months and handled her alot , she stands in the crossties, does her feet really well ,, has never kicked out and is not pushy or rude,,, We brought the horses home Dec. 31 2005 and they love it ,,, Dakota lately has been coming at me in the paddock,,, head swinging and feet flying (front and back) ,, Well she scared me so much all I could do is get out,,, Well I got some advice from the nice people at the John Lyons discussion board and tried it.. I went out to their paddock (not too far in ) and she came running at me head swinging and her front feet coming off the ground,, I raised my hands and acted like a crazy lady,, she stopped dead in her tracks and looked at me through the corner of her eyes,, it almost looked like she didn't know what to do ,, she paused then tried again,, I did the same thing and she stopped looked at me like I was nuts and turned and walked quietly back to her hay,, It's been a week and she hasn't done it since,,, that night she was afraid to take a carrot out of my hands,,, she eventually walked toward me when I gave her the cue,,

This weeks topic of the day is Mares,, let us know your experiences with mares good or bad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My opinion of mares is that they can be very moody, or sweet as pie.