Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Farrier Visit

Well my Farrier came today,, it's always stressfull for me when he comes,, Dakota was a little angel,, Joe on the other hand ,, not so good,, he always stands relativly well for the first 3 then the last( back right) he falls apart,, and gets dangerous,, he not only kicks out but he also move toward you with his back end and sends every body flying back,, They had to put the gum chain on,, as long a joe keeps his head down,, he feels no pain,, so he is usually pretty good with it ,, any way I just can't watch,, especially when he explodes ,,, Joe had the gum chain on for maybe 5 minutes,, then it was off and they were done,, he always gets treats after. Then they were out of the barn and eating and playing again,,
I have been working on the head down cue,, Joe has it pretty good,, but dakota still needs work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ugh. don't even remind me. my farrier comes tomororw. :-P

Leanne said...

I know ,, the farrier visit is always stressfull for me,, that and the vet, whenever we have an appointment with either one of them I just want to run and hide